Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 20, 2009

Michelle Obama IS a racist

I'm sure everyone here has read by now this story about Michelle Obama stating she would get teased for "talking like a white girl." But, how many of you actually read the story? If all you read was the headline - then you missed it.

Here's the exact quote:

"And I didn't care whether it was cool because I remember there were kids around my neighborhood who would say, 'Ooh, you talk funny, you talk like a white girl.' I heard that growing up my whole life. I was like, I don't even know what that means, but you know what, I'm still getting my A."


If she isn't a racist - now why would it be "uncool" for a black person to talk like a "white girl." Secondly, why would she even need to say that at all? Apparently, to her - she didn't see it as the offensive insult that it is.

That would be the same thing as me sitting in front of a bunch of elementary school children and saying that I was teased as a kid because "I talked like a black boy." Don't you think that if I had said that in front of children that I would be the scorn of the nation and would have felt retaliation from the school itself?

She essentially has admitted that she is a racist by not realizing how racist that comment is to the point she thought it was okay to repeat in front of children. She could just have easily left that part out and focused on the fact that she got teased for doing well in school.

3 comments:

Smellerbee said...

You have got a bad case of Obama derangement syndrome.

She is not saying it's uncool to talk like a white girl. She's saying she was told that when she was a child. Her reply was, "I don't even know what they means". She was talking about how she dismissed black-on-white racism as absurd.

And yet you seem to be talking about someone else entirely or at least some other quote. I don't see how you could possibly cull racism from that quote.

Pauly T. Kal said...

That's okay smellerbee - just continue with the double standards there. It's sad that you can't even see it.

Rene Benthien said...

Keep trying Pauly.